I'm a day early, but happy solstice! I know I’m not the only one who's eagerly awaiting longer days (having a day in general might be cool). But on the plus side, there have been a lot of woodland creatures coming out looking for easy vittles.
Look who I caught noshing on a frozen Halloween pumpkin. Move along, vagrant!
On to the Comments of The Week!
1. Hopefully I’m not the last to know, but thank you “Jenna” for your shopping recommendation on Victoria’s luxury skin care for less post.
“I love the German Nivea Cream! I get mine from Smallflower.com” --Jenna
2. I love what “Erin” had to say about the dichotomy of reason regarding cosmetic surgery. Though the DIY Lip Plumper totally works, some of us aren’t satisfied with that.
“The idea of subjecting myself to minor pains in order to raise my appearance score freaks me out. Tweezing freaks me out. Lip plumpers freak me out. (Injecting stuff into my lips/face freaks me out even more.) Waxing just flat-out terrifies me. However, do I consider doing these things? Hell yes. Will I probably do these things at some point in my life? Oh, most definitely. The crazy things we do for beauty. (Thanks for the DIY and I will try it. FOR SCIENCE.)” --Erin
3. Probably everyone wishes that it was easier to eat better faster, and “Emily Bedelia has the recipe for just that.
“My favorite quick vegetarian meal at the beginning of the week: I get a ton of produce (usually broccoli, carrots, onions--I also like eggplant, cauliflower, zucchini, tomato, and bell peppers, depending on what's around), drizzle with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and roast at 450 for 30-45 minutes until everything is tender and toasty. Over the week I eat them in all sorts of ways--with pasta or rice, in tortillas and pita, cold on salads, with chicken or beans for extra protein, as a side dish...” -- EmilyBedelia
4. For those in search of a DIY version of Wendy’s glittery lip, “Jillian Venters” has what you seek.
“Apply a creamy lipliner or lip crayon all over your lips, then press glitter in an even layer over your lips. DO NOT APPLY SEALANT OR GLOSS. Sealant will make the glitter eventually peel off in chunks, gloss will just make the glitter clump. The lip liner + glitter trick was taught to me by drag queens and burlesque performers. I've done it and had my sparkly lips last for 8 hours or more. ” --Jillian Venters
5. Shea Moisture got some serious love in Danielle’s review; “kat” left this gem for us newbs.
“Pro tip: Shea Moisture's Tea Tree After Shave & Bump Preventer is incredible for treating/preventing razor burn and ingrown hairs. It's the only thing that's ever worked for me AND the ingredients are not creepy. I think it's technically part of their men's grooming collection, but whatevs.” --kat
I snatched up Batiste Dry Shampoo the other day at Walgreens--but I made the mistake of getting the kind with a "hint of color" for blondes. Good thing I sprayed some on my hand first. It was bright yellow! Who in the world wants to put yellow tint in their blonde hair? It’s like they slept through the last 20 years of blonde or something.
- I want to hear about beauty products that YOU think shouldn’t exist!
- Do you have a favorite online beauty shop? I’ve tried thus far to avoid them...
- Do you celebrate winter solstice?