So you may have heard a little here and there about the Snowpocalypse That Wasn't in NYC earlier this week. I'm not complaining, believe me. But it did make for a pretty weird week, one in which team xoVain worked from home more than we made it into the office. (Still not complaining.)
It also gave me time to sort through some new products I've been meaning to try. And what better time to test beauty products than when you're stuck in your apartment binge-watching Empire! I tell you, sometimes it even surprises me that this is a real job.
Here's what I'm into right now, from left:
- Salvatore Ferragamo Emozione: If I were a sophisticated young lady, this is exactly what I'd want to wear wear. It's a powdery, woody floral with a little citrus. Not typically my thing, but it's done really well. Out next month.
- Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick in Las Salinas: It goes on super sheer and is super blendable. I normally don't like lip/cheek duos (too pigmented, too shimmery), but this one is changing my mind.
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramindin Lipair in Mint: It has become part of my everyday routine. Feels amazing in this cold, dry weather.
- Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Tenderly: A pretty, soft lavender with the right amount of gray.
- Kiehl's Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate: A really long name for a really simple product: an ultra-sheer formula made with 15% glycerin. Doing wonders on my dry, red patches.
- Bite Beauty Butter Cream Lipstick in Caramel: Haven't tried this one yet, but given my current obsession with nudes, it's only a matter of time. Out late February.
- Maybelline Master Prime Primer Blur + Smooth: As Kelly mentioned in her story about most-anticipated 2015 drugstore launches, this is one to look out for. I've been wearing it for a few days, alone and under my regular powder--it definitely makes my skin texture look more evened out.
If you want to know more about any of these, let me know in the comments!
- Did you get hammered with snow where you are?
- Anyone else watching Empire? (Can we please talk about Cookie's outfits?)
- What is your current favorite new product?
Tell it to me straight in this, your brand-new Open Thread!