We're not always stoked about red carpets, but we always enjoy a good affordable beauty buy. And If there's one thing I love about celeb beauty, it's finding out who wore what and whether or not I can actually afford it. Below are a few of the more budget-friendly products that last night's stars used to get ready.
1. Maria Menounos Wore Shea Moisture Lip Gloss In Caroline ($9.99)
Are you as excited as we are to see one of our favorite budget brands alongside the big dogs like Dior and Chanel on the red carpet? Also, are you as into Maria Menounos' wet hair look as I am?
2. Emily Blunt Prepped Her Skin With Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream ($26.50)
Proper prep is paramount to a professional makeup look, and Blunt's complexion looks nothing short of flawless. I'm also loving the messy updo she's sporting.
3. Kerry Washington Lined Her Eyes With Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner In Cosmic Black ($7.49)
The smoky eye is subtle, but that's why I'm loving it. Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Eye Shadow in Shimmery Dark Silver from the Smoky Steel Palette ($9.49) was layered on top of the liner for extra glamour.
4. Reese Witherspoon Wore Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour In Gilded Gold ($28)
Too much sparkle can be a bad thing, but Witherspoon's makeup artist, Molly R. Stern, added just enough to offset that glitzy gown.
5. Naomi Watts Swiped On L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Lip Color In Red Infallible ($12.99)
Those blue eyes, that red lip, that yellow Gucci gown... I mean, what's not to like about Watts' look? Go bold or go home.
6. Sienna Miller's Messy Bob Was Styled With Redken Full Frame 07 All-Over Volumizing Mousse ($21)
I love a messy hair look. There's something about looking too put together that doesn't sit well with me. For Miller's style, mousse was applied to the roots before blow-drying with a round brush.
7. Gina Rodriguez Wore L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Lip Color In Permanent Blush ($12.99)
Gina's minimal makeup look is my favorite of the night--from the cat-eye to the nude lip to the flowing curls. Consider this proof that a little bit of look can go a long way.
- Now, I need to know: Who had your favorite hair and/or makeup look at this year's Golden Globes?
- And who had the worst?
Cover image AP Images/Invision via