My nails have finally grown back once again and I decided to celebrate with a new nail polish. I usually stick to either red or black nails because I'm boring like that, but this time I decided to be EXTRA boring and get a neutral pink shade. I landed on Essie Ladylike, and I'm surprised by how obsessed I am with this polish.
It's not an easily defined color. One coat is an almost sheer pink, but if you add a second coat that takes it into mauve territory. I'm wearing two coats above but I also like it with the lighter one coat sometimes as well. I finish it with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat and it usually lasts for a few days to a week without chipping.
I've found that this is the perfect manicure for weddings, dates, work, and just looking put-together during my day-to-day. You could argue that it's on the boring side, but all I want in the summer is a pretty manicure that I don't have to spend too much time or thought on and this fits the bill.
Now it's time for Comments of the Week!
1. "penelope_deadly" is here for you if you need beauty shopping tips while in Dublin:
HANNAH I LOVE HOW MUCH LOVE YOU'RE GIVING TO MY (OUR!) CITY!!! This has filled me with all the warm and fuzzies. I don't think you've really missed anything! Except for one thing - if you guys are into perfume, hit up the Parfumarija on South William Street. It's AMAZING. If anybody is looking for ANY Ireland travel advice, hit me up. I spend a lot of my time day tripping.
2. "Amy" shared a very affordable dupe for a popular brow product:
I just got Essence Make Me Brow for$2.99 at Target and it is a total dope for Gimmie Brow.
3. If you like strawberry beauty products you'll appreciate these recommendations from "BettyBoop":
for affordable strawberry scented products i love the brand I Love. they do a range called Strawberry Cream that is magical. Also Original Source do a strawberry and pink peppercorn shower gel that is amazing.
4. If you don't want to spend money on hair perfume you can try this tip from "mittelhochdeutsch":
I put perfume on the back of my neck. The alcohols don't get on my hair, and the smell diffuses pretty much the same way it would were it on my hair.
5. I am seriously impressed by "yankeedoodle's" eyeliner skills (and more than a little jealous):
nobody hate me, but i can do a cat eye with my eyes closed.
- What's your favorite neutral nail polish?
- How do you do your nails during the summer? Do you keep it simple or go for bright colors? Everyone share pictures of their manicures!