• Allure.com gives Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick props for lasting all day. The author says she can't find in anywhere, but considering their PR team just sent us some, it's most likely going to pop up in a Sephora near you quite soon. Also, Allure grouped this stuff with xoVain favorite Makeup For Ever Aqua Rouge, which is saying a lot (i.e. that it really, truly does last for hours and through cups of tea).
I've been wearing this lipstick in Lolita; it's very matte so I like to top it off with a little lip balm to soften the look. I'm partial to Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss.
• The Daily Mail mentioned Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude foundation as an example of a base that goes on smoothly and gives "skin dewiness without making it shiny." My face is a bit of flaky mess at the moment, mainly due to a persistent cold that has me rubbing dry tissues all over my face constantly and taking dehydrating (but wondrous) meds like Advil Cold & Sinus. It covered up my flaky red moustache without settling into my dry skin. I'm very grateful for it--it's a perfect winter foundation.
• Clarisonic is selling four-packs of brush heads at a discount (it's $75 for four -- they usually retail for $25 a head). But wait, there's more! The heads come with stickers that correspond to the months of the year, so you don't a) waste money by throwing out a brush head that's still OK to use, or b) use a too-old brush head. Smart! [POPSUGAR Beauty]
• These beauty products defined middle school in the '90s. I have a distinct memory of lying in my bunk bed right before bed staring at my purple nails (courtesy of Hard Candy and my ridiculously cool babysitter) and wishing that a teenager would see them before they were too chipped, and think to herself, "Damn, that fifth grader is really, really cool and ahead of the trends." It probably happened! How would I know either way? [ELLE.com]
• I look forward to getting my hands on the latest Chloé fragrance, Roses de Chloé. According to The Cut, when comparing with the fashion house's classic fragrances, it is a "slightly sweet, but not saccharine, scent that unfurls into something more delicate. The rose is sweet but robust, innocent but womanly."
• And now for a sad thing on the internet: I am leaving xoJane and xoVain; Jane wrote about it yesterday. I am going to miss you all so very much. There's a chance you'll see me around in the future as a contributor (maybe!) or a commenter (definitely), but please stay in touch in the meantime! Or hang out with me on Twitter @madelinelou. I love you guys.