I don't really do impulse makeup buys anymore. I already have plenty of products that I need to use up, plus I'm at a point in my life where I'd rather spend any extra money on food or my dog.
However, when I spotted these Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Balm Stains at my local Dollar General I knew I had to try them because I've been seeing so much buzz about them in the comment section lately. Plus, they were only $3 each.
I chose Red-dy Or Not and Lady And The Vamp. I know, I groaned at those names, too. Anyway, click below for my mini-review.
The only thing I don't like about these is that the packaging is the typical crappy cheap packaging. The caps don't stay on and they tend to get lipstick all over them. It's super-annoying, but I suppose you get what you pay for.
Now it's time for Comments of the Week!
1. "Madeline" shared what was perhaps the best red lipstick review I've ever read:
Dragon Girl is my favorite red, but my GOAT party red is Rimmel Provocalips in Kiss Me, You Fool. I wore it the day I was blacked out by 11 a.m., threw up twice, ate half a pizza, and then passed out for like 12 hours and it still looked good. As a side note, that was the experience at which I said, "I am way too old for this shit."
2. "Dot_race" is so right about smoky eye makeup:
A smokey eye is the dress of makeup. People think it involves lots of effort, but it's secretly the easy way out. One color + smudging = Everyone is impressed with your fancy eyes. One piece of clothing + good posture = Everyone is impressed with your fancy self. Too easy!
3. "Danniella_Bee" shared a great recommendation for a sophisticated vanilla fragrance:
If you love vanilla and want a sexy, complex and grown up scent try Black Opium by YSL. It it one of my favorites and I wear it when I want to feel extra sexy.
4. This lovely comment from "NALIJ" on Kara's article about going makeup-free made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside:
I love this community because I feel connected with other women lifting each other up instead of constantly comparing myself to them.
- Have you tried these Balm Stains? What did you think?
- What was your last impulsive beauty buy?