I haven't had an excuse to dress up for Halloween for years (besides the xoVain Halloween tutorials that I love doing so much), but this year, I have two parties that require costumes. By the time you're reading this, party #1 will be over and I'll be gearing up for #2.
I thought I'd show you the trial runs of the looks that I'm doing for each costume. Fair warning, though: I have to admit that my costumes this year are extremely lame.
First up is a ballerina because I'm secretly seven years old. But can a seven year old do this?
I realized that people are going to be asking me if I'm the Black Swan all night no matter what, so I decided not to fight it. I still did my best to put my own spin on the makeup, though.
Check out the slideshow below for the details on how I created this look.
As for my second costume, I honestly have no idea what I'm going to be. My main goal is to be warm, so I'm just going to pile on the layers and focus on a cool makeup look. This is what I've come up with so far:
I put the details of this look in the gallery below.
Red Eye Makeup Look
Now it's time for your Comments of the Week!
1. "Kelly Bee" had a funny anecdote slightly related to this American Horror Story tutorial:
Weird story: I sat next to Emma Roberts and Evan Peters at a Sarah Silverman & Friends show in LA last spring and tried to sit perfectly still and not look at them for three hours. I'm sure the only thing weirder than having people glancing at you occasionally wherever you go is someone rigidly/desperately not to stare at you (also sweating).
2. "Loren" just said what we were all thinking about the ShadeScout app:
Per last weeks discussion, could I use it to find the 'shade' of my nipple?
3. Thanks to "Meghan" for sharing this sale code for those of you considering switching up your skincare routine:
I'm gonna have to get that Moon mask aren't I? Also timely info: Paula's Choice just sent out a code SPOOKYSCARY for 25% off, through October 31, 2015 at 11:59pm ET. I was thinking of picking up something hydrating for my beleaguered skin but I'll probably just wait for a cyber monday sale.
4. If you're interested in orchid scents, "Mapsandpeaches" has a great suggestion:
Calvin Klein's Euphoria has black orchid in it, and it's my go-to winter scent! Really soft and kinda sexy and not too expensive.
5. I loved this (very creepy) theory posted by "Anna_Lytical" on my Babadook Halloween tutorial:
Ok I saw this movie twice and the second time I caught the part where she says she wrote children's book. So my hypothesis is that SHE wrote the Babadook book as a manifestation of her grief. Scared the shit out of me. Also watch Miss Fisher's Mysteries because Essie Davis forever.
6. "spiderlashes" reminded me that I still need to try this sunscreen:
the biore sarasara uv aqua rich watery essence SPF50 PA+++ is my FAVORITE sunscreen. it's non-greasy, doesn't leave a white cast, and works really well with most foundations. it does have alcohol in it so it may not be the best for dry skin!
- Which of my two looks is your favorite?
- Does anyone have any good suggestions for my second costume? Such as, what the hell I should say it is?
- And hey, how's your Halloween weekend going so far? Share your costumes if you want!