• I was inspired by Lorde's look at a MoMA benefit the other night, so I attempted to recreate her makeup look in my own way. (Guess we officially love her around here.) Nylon broke down her look and suggested Perfekt Beauty Skin Perfecting Gel as base. It works kind of like a primer and a light CC cream combined--it makes my skin look lightly airbrushed and it blurs imperfections. I've been using it after my moisturizer, and, because I have some acne and discoloration from pimples past, I like to apply a couple of layers of the stuff. It's buildable and you're supposed to pat it on instead of rub, FYI. Then I added concealer.
To get Lorde's eye look I used Rimmel Glam'Eyes Quad Eye Shadow palette in Smokey Blue, and StarLooks eyeshadow palette in Ibiza as well as some very cheap liquid black eyeliner. I used the beige shadow from StarLooks for my lids and brow bone, and their brown shadow beneath my lower lash line. I finished the eyes with a ton of shimmery white shadow from the Rimmel palette in the inner Vs of my eyes.
My lips are a combo of MAC Lipstick in Cyber (which Nylon suggests), OCC Lip Tar in Role Play and Buxom Lip Polish in Kir Royale.
• Shu Uemura is collaborating with Takashi Murakami! [POPSUGAR Beauty]
• Super-duper top secret celebrity beauty tricks. [YourTango]
• I'm very organized about the holidays, so I'm already starting to plan out gifts (and budget for said gifts). This post on Glo rounded up the best beauty gift sets. I'm not really a gift-set giver myself, but some of these sets are such a great value. I'm considering buying a few, splitting them up, and using products as present toppers.
• How to whiten your teeth without spending a ton a money. [Cosmopolitan.com]
• Dolce & Gabbana has a really festive green lipstick. The Cut interviewed their national makeup artist wand asked him how one is supposed to actually WEAR it.
Found something pretty on the internet? Just email me! I'm way nicer than I look in this post today.