- 3FLOZ (a company that sells are your beauty faves in TSA-friendly sizes) now has 25 vending machines in five major airports, including our own JFK! This is fitting as I had an anxiety dream about going through customs at the airport for what felt like hours last night.
- Curly hair challenges, like late mornings and crunchy hair, solved.
- MoroccanOil gets a
candle. It smells like their products!! If you're candle-loser like me, then you'll agree this is genius. [POPSUGAR Beauty]
- Fascinating confessions from a blowout bar.
- A really fabulous and beauty royalty-y story: Polly Blitzer (
BeautyBlitz's founder) went to a party with Ariel Foxman (InStyle's Managing Editor), and they ran into Drew Barrymore. She had on coral lipstick and lilac eyeshadow (all from her FLOWER line) and looked stunning. I tried out her look myself. We didn't have coral lipstick in the beauty closet, so I layered bright orange lipstick (Sula Natural Lipstick in "Pucker Up") under a dusty rose lip cream (Esssence's Stay Matte Lip Cream in "Velvet Rose.") I got Drew's lilac eye look by layering two lilac shadows: Sephora's Powdery eyeshadows and sparkling topcoats palette in #6 and Jesse's Girl Mineralized Baked Power Eyeshadow in "Rosemary Frost". I brushed on a little bit of grey shadow in my eyelid creases, too. I would never have come to this combination on my own, so I'm psyched about how flattering and low key, yet unexpected, this look is. I'll definitely do it again.
Refinery29 is really torn over whether or not they can dig blush as eyeshadow. I say, no, just no. Et tu?
- This listicle with 27 beauty products from the 90s actually made tear up -- it brought me back to a simple time (NOT) when the most important things in life were AOL Instant Messenger, "Angus, Thongs And Full-Frontal Snogging," and track practice.
- The best formulas to get your nails to grow long.
Send me the awesome beauty-related articles, news items, tutorials, and YouTube videos you find! Maybe they'll end up here next week!