As someone who loves to do hair, I am always open to new and innovative ways to wear faux hair. But I dread--repeat: DREAD--the removal process.
Never did I think that there would one day be a way to simplify this step--until I heard about VanishMax, which claims to be the “safest, fastest, most efficient hair extension removal system on the planet,” capable of removing weaves in 30 seconds.
Ordinarily, removing weave is daunting, hard, and can take up to an hour plus. Thread lines get hidden under weeks to months of braided hair growth and buildup, which makes it hard to see and cut the thread. If not carefully removed, uninstalling a weave can cause irreversible damage to the natural hair and scalp.
If you prefer to sew down your wigs, this all-natural dissolving solution system will make life so much easier.
What's In The Kit
- Manual with safety instructions and useful tips
- 60 yards of VanishMax Black Thread
- 8 fluid ounces of VanishMax 100% Natural Dissolving Solution
The thread is made of all-natural fiber, and the dissolving spray is paraben-free and made with tea tree and lavender oil, which makes it very beneficial to natural hair and the scalp.
Like with most newly founded products, I was skeptical at first. So I used my sister as my hair model to see if the VanishMax claims held true. And let me tell you, it really is unbeweavable (sorry, had to)!
I could see the thread breaking down in front of my eyes, allowing me to remove the extension with no effort.
How To Use VanishMax
Use the provided VanishMax weaving thread to install a weave, extensions, or wig.
When it's time to take the hair down, start at the base of the neck, gradually working to the top of the head. Spray the provided VanishMax Dissolve Solution directly onto the thread, making sure that the thread is fully saturated.
Once soaked in the solution, gently pull and remove the extensions or wig.
Pictures won’t do justice to how smoothly the thread removes itself from the braids, so watch this video to see how easily it was to remove my sister’s extension.
Want to see a demonstration on a full sew-in weave? Check out VMax’s product tutorial here.
I love this product for two main reasons.
- You save time. Ain't nobody got time to spend an hour cutting row by row, thread by thread. As you can see from the video, VanishMax can remove one row in under five seconds.
- No irritation, no damage, no discomfort. My biggest qualm about weaves and extensions is that some women who wear them don’t take care of their own natural hair and scalp, especially where removal is concerned. This product eliminates the tugging from the roots and pulling of the hair that causes traction alopecia, hair loss, bald spots, lost edges, and so forth.
Bottom line: At $35 for four to six installs, this product is revolutionary. If you value your time, your hair, and your edges, I highly recommend VanishMax.
Bonus: VanishMax is offering xoVain readers a 10% discount with coupon code “xovain” at checkout, now through June 2015.
- Has anyone experienced hair damage or discomfort when taking out their extensions?
- Is this a product you would consider trying?