I've been trying to cut back on my penchant for holding onto pretty beauty product packaging because I do not need more clutter in my life. However, there's a reason why I can't bring myself to throw out this box:
It's a very attractive and sturdy, albeit simple, perfume box. It contained the Jo Malone London Grapefruit Cologne that I wrote about here, but now it only holds a bunch of black tissue paper... and one of the most heavenly scents I've ever experienced.
But it's not the scent of the Grapefruit Cologne that was housed in it — that scent is fine but nothing like the mysterious fragrance that's still lingering in this box months later.
I wish I was better at describing scents: this one is a sophisticated floral, maybe a little powdery, sweet with a hint of musk and quite strong in a very intoxicating way. I'm thinking it might actually be a rose fragrance, which surprises me because I didn't think I liked rose. I kind of want to go sniff all of the Jo Malone fragrances to see if they have this particular scent in a bottle. (The box, which is contains zero labels other than the brand, offers no clues.) Instead I just open it every once in a while and enjoy a nice sniff.
OK, now it's time for Comments of the Week!
1. "Teensyslews" shared a lot of great care tips for bras but this one was my favorite:
I do all my hand wash stuff in the salad spinner! At this point I do more clothes in it than actual salad.
2. "theprettiestkatie" has a genius way of using blush:
My favorite "OH SHIT I WAS SUPPOSED TO WAKE UP 45 MINUTES AGO" makeup trick is to use the same cream blush on my cheeks, lids, and lips. The monochromatic look makes it seem like I tried, and not switching out brushes and products saves me time. ETA: I really love MUFE's cream blushes for this.
3. "drA" has me intrigued about this nail polish kit:
I recently started getting gel manis and it quickly became an expensive habit... Love how long they last so I just picked up the Sensationail polish to gel transformer kit. It comes with an LED lamp and a gel polish you mix 1:1 with regular polish to change any old polish into a gel. Also a cleanser and primer. Used it once so far and it is excellent! The only thing separating this kit from a salon-quality gel mani is my dexterity, haha. Cost less than the cost of one manicure, quicker than waiting for layers of polish to dry (kill me), and I can use the polishes I already own! Highly recommend.
4. Oooh, "Caddiewoodlawn" just made me and my brows happy because I love it when people recommend Essence products — they're so affordable!
I love Essence Make Me Brow.
5. "mittelhochdeutsch" may not be Jennifer Aniston but she is all of us:
I've never had paparazzi follow me around and photographing me at unflattering angles. I have however told my boyfriend "ew delete that one I look hideous". Samesies, right?
- Have you ever kept a product or its packaging solely for the scent?
- What's your favorite Jo Malone fragrance? I'm thinking maybe I'll order a few samples.
- Does anyone have a Jo Malone box you can go sniff and tell me if you smell the same thing and what you think it is?